Not only is October the month of Halloween, it is National Sausage Month. This recipe for sausage mummies takes advantage of both holidays, and they are not just for kids. How fun would it be eat your favorite sausage with it looking back at you?
- 6 sausages – smoked sausage or Kielbasa works well
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 tsp honey
- 12 edible eyes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pasty and use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut six 1cm strips of the pastry into longest strips possible
- Wrap one of the pastry pieces around each of the sausages, trimming off the end if it is too long.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes and then turn the temperature up to 400 and bake for a further 5 minutes to make sure the pastry is nice and brown.
- Use a dollop of honey to attach the eyes.