Mountain Cabin Available for Christmas Rentals
A baby is a blessing that can turn lives into new directions. For Keith Ramsey, it led him to act on his passion for log homes and cabins.
The impending arrival of a baby led to a major decision. He decided to move from being the Owner/Operator of his Mobile Home Park in Mississippi, (where he also was a Manufactured Home Retailer), to be closer to family in Williamston, S.C.
After owning property in Hot Springs, N.C., for more than 10 years, Caroline’s arrival put the dream of owning a log home into reality. This Hot Springs, N.C., property holds special meaning. The property has been in the family for generations, and the Ramseys wanted to continue family traditions at the “Old Home Place.” The Hot Springs property includes a mountainside area with stunning views of the Pisgah National Forest, the Appalachian Trail and the French Broad River. It was there that Keith wanted to create an Honest Abe Log Home in order to continue family memories.
Fortunately, his dad had the designing expertise to help situate the cabin in the slope, stabilizing the land and the foundation to create a spacious cabin. He was able to design the cabin with two master bedrooms, porches and decking, and views from every angle. The cabin dream had come true. The WagonTrail Cabin is now a popular vacation rental for people who love the Jewel of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is also a place to spend holidays and make memories.
The experience of building an Honest Abe Log Home in Hot Springs helped propel Keith’s contracting business. He already had a decade of experience in property management. Thus, he has been able to use this experience to build a successful residential redevelopment business and development of spec homes in the Upstate South Carolina area.
Keith’s collaboration with his father, Dennis Ramsey, has allowed him to assist clients with complicated designs. With this collaboration, clients can confidently build with custom home plans and designs.
Keith is a proud owner of an Honest Abe Log Home, WagonTrail Cabin. He is an experienced contractor, home builder and licensed property manager.
Below Keith shares photos and information about WagonTrail Cabin, which was designed by Keith and his father, Dennis, drafted by the Honest Abe floor plan drafting department and manufactured by Honest Abe Log Homes. Anderson & McNair were the general contractors.
When your log home property has views from every angle, the place to start with the log home design is outside. Two stunning outdoor decks and twin screened porches are the details that immediately grab your attention at The WagonTrail Cabin overlooking the Pisgah National Forest, the French Broad River, the Appalachian Trail, Buncombe Turnpike and the town of Hot Springs, N.C.
Home Comfort Features:
- Fiberoptic WiFi
- Master on main with queen bed sleeps 2
- Master upstairs with king bed sleeps 2
- Futon in loft for extra sleeping
- Leather couches that have dual mechanical recliners.
- Upgraded Hot Tub on a screened-in porch
- Serta iComfort mattress with solid wood bed frames.
- Each bedroom has its own full bathroom
- An extra 1/2 bath in the downstairs so guests don’t have to walk into bedrooms
- Huge windows. Views from every room. The upstairs closet has the best view in the house.
- Full size fridge with water and ice machine.
- Whole house water filter
- Screened in back porch with ceiling fan
- Trane Heat Pump and Central Air (Dual Zone)
- LED T.V.s in the bedrooms and Living Room
- Extra parking (up to 6) off-street
- Very convenient location in the city limits of Hot Springs
- Coffee Pot and K-cup maker. Blender and Toaster
- Gas Grill
- Full size kitchen with all stainless steel appliances
Cook Something Up
Experience Log Home Living for Yourself