The CambridgeHonest Abe's Crossville Model Home Showcases this New Design
Honest Abe Crossville’s model, built from the Cambridge plan, incorporates both log and timber frame elements. The exterior of the Cambridge plan combines the use of logs with features of the Craftsman style, including rock pylons, double porch posts and exposed trusses underneath a wide front gable.
The open design of the Cambridge plan’s first floor, complete with a see-through fireplace as a centerpiece of the dining, living and kitchen areas, invites conversation and celebration. French doors open onto a large covered porch with a wood-burning fireplace, extending the downstairs living space. The timber frame sunroom accessible from the kitchen also offers exterior access, creating the perfect office or studio.
Three spacious bedrooms, one downstairs and two upstairs, are each distinctively different in the Cambridge plan. Among the benefits are reading and office spaces, hidden storage areas and luxury bath and dressing rooms. The staircase landing is actually an open room soaked in light from vaulted ceilings and warmed by a second story fireplace.
An original Honest Abe Log Homes design, the Cambridge plan may be customized and modified to create the forever home you’ve always wanted.
For an extensive gallery of additional photos of an award-winning home built from the Cambridge plan, click here.
Cambridge Plan First Floor Features
- Open dining room and kitchen
- Sunroom off dining room built in timber frame style
- Double opening fireplace opens into dining room and great room
- Great room has 1 1/2 stories of logs, vaulted heavy timber roof, staircase and two-story fireplace
- Master bedroom with luxury fixtures and walk-in multi-head shower
- Extensive wrap-around porch opening into large covered patio with wood-burning fireplace
Cambridge Plan Second Floor Features
- Staircase landing forms loft with gas fireplace, open view of first floor great room, access to full bath
- Bedroom suite features bay window, extra large walk-in closet, home office area, access to full bath, heavy timber, exposed rafter roof system
- Additional bedroom features dormer window
- Bonus storage space in the knee wall area
- Full bath incorporates luxury fixtures
Cambridge Floor Plan
Cambridge Plan Specs
Total Living Space: 2,820
First Floor Sq. Footage: 1,864
Second Floor Sq. Footage: 956
Porch Sq. Footage: 1,700
Log Profile: 8″ x 12″ dovetail D-Log, exterior; flat interior walls with a v-groove; timber frame sunroom
Roof System: exposed heavy timber rafter & vaulted ceiling
Stain & Finish: Perma-Chink Ultra 7 Smoke
Windows: Jeld-Wen Siteline EX Wood Clad