Celebrating the Log Home Lifestyle
Members of NAHB’s Log and Timber Homes Council (LTHC) are celebrating National Log Home Open House Month in July for the sixth consecutive year. This month, they will honor this American icon by hosting home tours, holding log raising demonstrations, giving mill tours, sponsoring seminars and much more.
“It’s worth noting that the log and timber home industry emerged entirely because of consumer demand for this unique style of construction,” said council chairman Josh Beasley of Honest Abe Log Homes in Moss, Tenn. “Buyers can research and discover anything they need to know to make their dream log home become reality.”
LTHC members hold themselves to a high standard of business and construction practices to ensure they are building the highest quality log homes. These members must:
- Abide by a strict code of ethics
- Grade their logs and timbers by third party agencies to ensure structural integrity
- Provide detailed construction manuals to ensure correct construction techniques
- Sponsor scientific studies that advance log building technologies
- Provide free information to help consumers make smart choices
“You will find that the companies that belong to the Log and Timber Homes Council share the same passion for living in log and timber homes as their customers,” Beasley said. “Each company invests in the council to develop and improve construction practices and policies that will extend and protect the log home living lifestyle well into the future.”
Visit www.loghomes.org to learn more about events in your area during the month-long open house. Honest Abe’s events are listed here.