Blackberry ice cream is a delicious and refreshing frozen dessert that is perfect for summertime. Here is a simple recipe for making homemade blackberry ice cream at home.
Blackberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a blender or food processor, puree the blackberries until smooth. Strain the puree through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the seeds.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cream, and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the blackberry puree and the vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a lidded container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve the ice cream in bowls or cones and enjoy!
Note: This recipe makes about 1 quart of ice cream. You can adjust the recipe to make more or less, depending on your needs. You can also experiment with different flavors by using different types of pureed fruit or other flavor bases.