10 inch Round LogsMajestic 10-inch round logs are milled at Honest Abe Log Homes' Moss, Tennessee, manufacturing facility.
See how one of our Legacy Collection log home plans looks in 10 inch Round Logs!
Our award-winning design team used one of our most popular Legacy Collection designs, the Grandfield, to create an image of how easily and beautifully any plan can be designed and built using the new 10 inch Round Logs manufactured at Honest Abe’s mill.
5 things you need to know about the 10″ round log
- Any of our Legacy Collection or Customer Creations floor plans can used to build your 10″ round log home.
- The 10″ round logs are milled from kiln dried Eastern White Pine (just like the rest of our log systems).
- We’ll draw any plan from your imagination and help you create it from 10″ round logs.
- The 10″ round logs have a Swedish Cope profile, meaning they are round inside and out, with a half-moon-shaped groove on the bottom.
- Some or all your 10″ round logs can be hand hewn for a more rustic American or traditional European look.
Honest Abe’s Independent Dealers and Direct Sales Representatives toured the manufacturing facility’s expansion designed specifically for milling 10″ Round Logs.
Technical Information for 10″ Round Logs
Logs have an actual stack height of 8-1/4″. An 8′ tall wall requires 12 full courses of log. Weight of a dry log is 11.87 lb. per foot. Logs will be fastened together with 13″ Log Hogs @24″ O/C. Each log will be coped along the bottom of each course in a way to allow the use of a single run of gasket in the center and a bead of caulk on the outer edge of the gasket to give the log system a double seal at that point yet allow the gasket room to expand and contract without being crushed. The Swedish cope outside corner joint will require chinking with the use of a backer rod behind the chinking. Chinking the inside will be optional.