Look at the FABULOUS Red Velvet Cake baked by Michelle Rowland-Noble, owner of Dream Maker Log Homes, an Independent Dealer of Honest Abe Log Homes in Kentucky. Michelle dropped everything to create this masterpiece just for the the Valentine’s Day issue of Honest Abe Living.
- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 bottles of 1 oz red food color
- 1 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 stick butter softened
- 10 oz cream cheese
- 1 pound confectioners sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven 350
- Mix all cake ingredients together with mixer on medium speed 2 min
- Spray 3 9 inch round cake pans
- Pour mix evenly in the pans
- Bake 20 min
- Cool layers for 10 min on wire rack
- Combine butter, cream cheeses, and confectioners sugar in mixer beat until fluffy
- Then fold in 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans.
- Put remaining pecans on top of cake after icing.